Industrial paper mill machinery is a specialized type of equipment used in the manufacturing of newspaper, book and packaging materials. The machines are typically large and heavy, and they are used to fold, cut, curl and glue paper together. They are also used to make inserts, covers, end papers and other components for books.
Machinery used in the paper mill industry can be very dangerous, and if not properly maintained, can cause serious injuries.
One of the most common causes of injuries at paper mills is machinery failure. This causes unintentional mistakes when operating the machines, and can lead to finger, hand, arm, or even limb amputations.
Another common cause of injury is slips and falls. Paper mill workers are often required to walk on wet floors, which can lead to slips and falls. Injuries from slips and falls at paper mills can be very serious, and often require surgery to repair broken bones.
Intentional acts by employees are also a common cause of injury at paper mills. Employees may injure themselves by striking or stabbing machines with tools or objects that are in their possession. In some cases, employees have even been known to set fires in the paper mill in order to injure other employees.
Here are five of the most serious injuries that can occur in a paper mill:
1. amputation – this is one of the most serious type of injury in a paper mill. Machines can cut off limbs or fingers, and someone who is caught in the machine may be injured severely.
2. crushing – machines can crush people or objects, causing serious injuries including broken bones and internal bleeding.
3. electric shock – this is another common injury in a paper mill. Machines can generate high levels of electricity, which can be dangerous if it comes into contact with someone’s skin.
4. lacerations – machines can cause cuts that bleed easily and can become infected, leading to serious health problems.
5. fire – this is one of the rarest types of injuries, but it is still possible for someone to be seriously injured by a machine fire.
If you have been injured by Paper Mill Machinery, it is important to speak to an attorney. An attorney can help you understand your rights and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.