Oil well and oil field pumps are dangerous machines. Injuries can occur when they are used improperly or when they are not functioning properly. Remember the following safety tips to help keep yourself safe while working with oil well and oil field pumps:
1. Use proper safety equipment, including a dust mask, eye protection, and gloves.
2. Be aware of your surroundings and use caution when approaching an oil well or oil field pump.
3. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using the machine.
In the past, oil wells and oil fields used a variety of pumps to circulate oil and gas through pipelines. However, over time these pumps have become outdated and no longer meet the needs of modern industrial production. Oil well and oil field pumps are now commonly replaced with more efficient pump types that use less energy.
Oil well and oil field pumps are used for a variety of purposes, including:
– Circulating oil and gas through pipelines
– lifting liquid products from reservoirs
– moving water for hydroelectricity production
Most oil well pump accidents happen when a person is operating the pump. The most common injuries are cuts, bruises and lacerations.
Some of the more serious injuries that can result from pump accidents include:
– Crushing injuries – When the pump compresses air or gas, it can cause immense force, which can crush bones and organs.
– Pulmonary embolism – When a clot forms in one of the lungs due to an injury, this can lead to a pulmonary embolism (PE). This is a life-threatening condition caused by blood clots travelling from the lungs to other parts of the body.
– Brain damage – Pump accidents can also cause severe brain damage. This is due to the high levels of pressure and vibrations that are created by pumps.
If you have been injured by an oil well or oil field pump, contact an attorney. Oil wells and oil field pumps can be dangerous and unpredictable. Oil wells and oil field pumps are often operated by remote control, which means that the operator is often a long way away from the well or pump. This can make it difficult for someone who has been injured to get justice. An attorney can help you file a claim and protect your rights.