Las Vegas Nevada is known for its casinos and excitement. Unfortunately, this also means that it is a place where machinery can be injured or killed. In 2018, there were 8 machine accidents in Las Vegas. This represents a 3% increase from 2017 when there were 7 machine accidents.
Below are the top 5 reasons for machine accidents in Las Vegas:
1) Unskilled workers – In many cases, the workers who are responsible for operating machines are not experienced or trained properly. This can lead to mistakes that can cause accidents.
2) Poorly maintained equipment – Machines that are not well-maintained may be older and more prone to breaking down. When this happens, it can create dangerous conditions and lead to accidents.
3) Lack of safety precautions – Many times, operators simply do not take the necessary precautions to avoid accidents. This includes ensuring that machines are properly secured and that workers are wearing protective gear.
4) Poor working conditions – Many times, workers do not have adequate ventilation or proper lighting in their work areas which can make them more susceptible to injury or illness.
5) Distracted operators – Even if machines are properly maintained, if the operator is distracted it leads to accidents not only for the operator but for everyone nearby.
Las Vegas is known for its casinos and nightlife, but it’s also home to a number of large manufacturing companies. Here are five of the most prominent ones:
|Sg Gaming, Inc.
Konami Gaming, Inc.
Westfall Technik, Inc.
Caesars World Merchandising Inc
Plasticard – Locktech International, LLC
|Stack-On Acquisition Parent Corp
Defense Arms Syndicate, LLC
Gaming Partners International Corporation
Suzohapp Gaming Solutions, LLC
Creel Printing, LLC
Norgren Kloehn, Inc.
There are always risks when working with machinery, but when accidents occur they can be devastating. In the past few years, there have been a number of noteworthy machinery accidents in Las Vegas Nevada. Here are some examples:
In March of 2016, a construction worker was killed when a large crane collapsed onto him while he was working on the roof of a building in Las Vegas. The crane had been damaged in a previous accident, and it is believed that this was one of the contributing factors in the tragedy.
In February of 2017, an excavator operator suffered serious injuries after his machine overturned on a construction site in Las Vegas. The excavator had been moving earth when it overturned, resulting in debris flying up into the air and hitting the operator in the face.
In August of 2017, two workers were injured when a large piece of machinery fell off a truck and smashed into them as they were walking across a parking lot in Las Vegas. The machinery was being transported to another location, and it is believed that the accident was caused by driver error.
If you have been injured in a machinery accident in Las Vegas, you need to contact an experienced Nevada machinery accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.