DateCityStateEmployerBody PartEvent
2019-08-22GrinnellIowaU.S. Postal ServiceBODY SYSTEMSStings and venomous bites
An employee was delivering mail to a residence when he was stung by a wasp or bee. The employee had a severe allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock which caused a heart attack.
2016-09-14GrinnellKansasFRONTIER AG INCFinger(s), fingernail(s)Caught in running equipment or machinery during maintenance, cleaning
An employee was feeling for a hole that needed to be patched on the outside of a corn leg's steel housing, which was leaking grain. The employee's left index finger entered the leg and was amputated above the first knuckle. The corn leg was not locked/tagged out at the time of the incident.