Industrial construction machinery is used in a variety of industries to build things. There are a variety of different types of construction machinery, each with its own unique features and benefits. Some common types of construction machinery include bulldozers, backhoes, forklifts, and cranes. Construction machinery can be difficult to operate, but it is essential for many construction projects.
Industrial construction machinery can be extremely dangerous if not used properly. There are many different types of industrial construction machinery, each with its own unique set of risks. Here are some of the most common types of construction machinery accidents:
1. Falls: Construction machinery can be dangerous if it falls off the job site, injuring workers below. Falls account for a large proportion of industrial construction machine injuries, and safety measures such as guardrails and safe operating practices can greatly reduce the risk of this type of accident.
2. Electric shock: Electric wiring in construction sites can be hazardous, and electric shock from construction equipment can cause serious injuries. Make sure to follow safety guidelines when working with electric wires, and always wear protective gear when handling them.
3. Running into objects: If a construction machine is moving too fast or hitting an object while working, the resulting impact can cause serious injuries. Always use caution when operating a construction machine, and keep an eye out for obstacles in the work area.
4. Being run over: Construction machines are powerful and can easily run over workers or other objects on the job site. Stay clear of equipment at all times, and take proper precautions to avoid being struck by a machine.
5. Burns: Industrial construction machinery can also cause burns. The heat created by the machine can cause serious burns if it gets onto your skin. If you are burned by an industrial construction machine, seek medical attention as soon as possible to prevent additional damage to your body.
6. Malfunctions: Construction machines can malfunction for a variety of reasons, including technical problems and operator errors. This type of accident can happen when something goes wrong with the machinery itself, such as a broken gearbox or flywheel. Malfunctioning machines can cause serious injuries to operators, and can lead to the machine becoming inoperable.
7. Hoists: Hoists are a common type of industrial construction machinery used to lift materials up into the air. If something goes wrong with the hoist, it could pull materials too high or drop them too quickly, which could lead to injuries.
8. Blowouts: When a piece of industrial construction machinery sucks in air too quickly, the pressure can cause a blowout. A blowout may occur when equipment is cutting, grinding, or drilling, and can cause huge chunks of metal and rock to fly out. Blowouts are particularly dangerous because they can cause flying debris to hit people or other equipment, and they also create hazardous gases and liquids.
9. Reach-work accidents: In this type of accident, an operator reaches for something on a moving construction machine and gets caught by the blade. This can be very dangerous, and can often result in serious injuries.
10. Maintenance accidents: Maintenance accidents occur when workers try to fix or adjust equipment that is not safe to work on. This can lead to serious injuries if something goes wrong, such as an electrical shock caused by touching an energized conductor.
If you have been injured by a construction machine, you should contact an attorney. Construction accidents are common and can result in serious injuries. If you have any questions about whether you should contact an attorney, please contact us. We can provide you with a free consultation to discuss your case.