Carton packing machines are a common sight at warehouses and distribution centres, used to fill and seal boxes of products. While the machines themselves are usually very safe, there is always a risk of injury when using them. This article looks at the dangers of carton packing machines, and how you can protect yourself if you’re ever involved in an accident.
Carton packing machines are used in the industrial setting to pack various products into boxes. The machines use a series of rollers to press the product against the box walls, forcing the air out and sealing the box. Carton packing machines can be dangerous if not used correctly, as they can cause injuries to the hands and arms.
There have been a number of serious injuries reported due to carton packing machines in recent years. In 2016, an employee was fatally injured when a carton packing machine he was working on exploded. The same year, two people were injured when a carton packing machine they were using malfunctioned.
Injuries caused by carton packing machines can be quite serious. If you are injured while using one of these machines, be sure to speak with an attorney about your legal rights. They may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Injuries can happen at any time, and unfortunately, they are especially common in the packing industry. If you work with carton boxes or other packing materials, it is important to be aware of the potential for injury and take precautions to avoid it. Here are five tips to keep you safe when working with carton packing machines:
1. Always wear safety goggles and a dust mask when using a packer machine.
2. Keep your hands well away from moving parts.
3. Use caution when lifting heavy objects off the conveyor belt or dropping them down onto the stackers below – always use proper lifting techniques.
4. Remember that packers can reach high speeds – take care when crossing their paths!
5. Stay alert and watch out for obstacles in your path – if something looks dangerous, don’t do it!